The thermal relay ensures the protection of the electrical induction motors at overcharge or overheating. The thermal relay is used with the contactor and it protects aginst overcharge the consumer.
It is assembled together with the contactors and it connects at the command circuit of the motor.
The function principle is based on bimetalic disks which work as a thermostat.
The thermal relay is selected so that the adjusted current to be lower than the rated current of the contactor.
The thermal relay won’t trigger at motor’s start, even if the current rises with 6 times the value of the rated current.
Selecting a proper range alerts/notify on the functioning of the motor at unfavorable temperature conditions and guarantees a stabile/constant maximal functioning and it also rises the efficiency and lenghtens the usage time of the motor.
– disconnecting consummers in case of overload;
– creating the command system of the consummers;
– it is used as a operative component in electric panel, for commanding the induction motors;
– Stability factor of high current caracteristics;
|Standard:||EN 60947-1, EN 60947-4-1|
|Rated voltage:||Up to 690 V AC – 50/60 Hz|
|Current nominal functional diapasons:||Up to 690 V AC|
|Insulating voltage:||> 690 V|
|Impulse voltage resistance:||6000V|
|Auxiliary contacts:||1 ND + 1 NI|
|Auxiliary contacts thermic current:||5A|
|Mounting:||With insulated cord terminals inside contactors exit terminals|
|Adjustable distances between the cords:||Thermal relay LR2-D-13|
|Exit terminals:||With screw and collar sectional for 2 conductors at LR2-D-13/23 relays|
– connection terminal: terminal blocks cords
– flexible or rigid conductors, with or without terminal for cables connecting at the consumer
– through the relay terminals to the contactor they are connected at the contactor’s terminals and the the relay clip is fixed inside the contactor.
– position: vertical with a maximal inclination up to ± 5°
– electrical endurance: 1.000.000 cycles
– mechanical endurance: 10.000.000 cycles
– display for protection trigger
– alternative for choosing the protection restoring mode (with blue botton)
– alternative for adjusting the protection triggering diapason.
– functioning alternative at higher voltage
Note: to ensure the consumer protection at short circuit, before making the combo contactor – thermal-relay, mount an automatic switch with protection against short circuit and a fuse base.
The thermal relay connector is fixed inside the contactor.
The relay pins are introduced in the contactor’s terminals.
Tighten the contactor terminal screws.
Using a screw drive, rotate the blue buttonfor thermic adjustement on the adequate position for the consumer input current.
At the top side it has two auxiliary contacts used for command and signaling.